Good sleep is what everyone hopes for at night. But if you are sharing your bed with someone, and that someone is snoring, then it might be a problem for you to sleep. Similarly, if you are the one who snores, then there are chances that people have often complained about this habit of yours.
Snoring is an involuntary action and no one does it willingly. It is caused when the soft tissues as well as the muscles that make up the airways at the upper side vibrate. There are a lot of anti-snoring products in the market that claim that they can reduce the snoring considerably. But no anti-snoring nasal spray has given exceptional results till now. But recently a few studies have shown that some simple exercises for the mouth can help you decrease and eventually stop snoring.
While snoring, these muscles are very floppy and that is why the vibrations create such loud noises. With the help of proper exercises of the muscles in the mouth, you would see that these exercises will help you to tighten the muscles properly and with continuous exercises, there will come a time when the snoring will completely stop. These exercises are a better option for people as they are safer and easier as compared to the usage of anti-snoring spray. This way, both you as well as you partner will have a good night’s sleep with no disturbance at all.
Here are 5 simple mouth exercises that will help you stop snoring when you sleep:
- The first exercise involves movement of your tongue. You have to start by pushing the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth. Once you have done this, start sliding your tongue back and forth on the roof of the mouth. Do this 20 times on a regular basis.
- The second of these mouth exercises is that you have to suck your tongue with full force in upward direction against the roof of the mouth. This exercise should also be done 20 times.
- The third exercise is that you should try and push the back part of your tongue downwards. Then with the help of the tip of the tongue, keep touching the back side of the teeth. This should also be done 20 times.
- The fourth exercise makes use of the muscles of the cheek. All you have to do is place your index finger inside the mouth towards the cheek and then pull the cheek muscles in the direction opposite to the teeth. You can begin from the left side and then repeat the entire procedure for the right side also. This exercise must be done 10 times on each side.
- The last exercise is to be done at the time of eating. Try and make an effort to bite your food and then place your tongue on the roof. But this time, make sure that your cheek muscles are not right.